Sunday, May 17, 2015

Flying Cowboys


A new theme to work with...Flying Cowboys. Revenge paintings, where the horse wins. And something whimsical in a way, with a bit of humor. Which is needed, humor, while we continue the long wait for the right buyer to come along and fall in love with our home.

Santa Fe awaits. A dream I've mulled over for forty-five years at least. Way before I headed east, to Manhattan and Connecticut and Delaware, where I've now lived over half my life.  Santa Fe seems Mecca. A place to breath and paint and explore. Near to family and old friends. Back west where so much is familiar and yet not. I long for the endless vistas and spanish flavors of architecture and food and ancient people. I long for escape. That's more like it. A place to curl up and forget the world and daily atrocities.

Ha. If only there were such a place. Perhaps through my paintings I am finding my perfect world.

No comments: