Friday, October 09, 2020

October 9, 2020

Has it truly been five years since I last wrote here? And oh my, what a difference five years can make in ones life. 2016 brought in the biggest test to this country we have ever witnessed and which still reverberates...hopefully not for much longer. 2016 also moved us from Wilmington DE to Santa Fe NM which was a move to Paradise and endless land and space and art and, well, escape. Even though the world seems to be crumbling around us Santa Fe has been a perfect safe haven to ride out anything that can be thrown our way. This may not be true, but it seems like it is.

Why Santa Fe? Art. Culture. Landscape. It’s a place I’ve always been trying to get to, and finally succeeded. And the town embraced me with entrances into several galleries (two of which have closed) and another one out on the Turquoise Trail. Turquoise Trail? Isn’t that exquisite? Who has a Turquoise Trail in their neighborhood? The gallery on the Turquoise Trail is Hat Ranch Gallery. I still have a presence there.

So here I am. Have just completed a series of oil paintings using vignettes from the Alexander Girard Dioramas up at the International Folk Musuem, and am cleansing my brain with a Papier mache project I’d visualized 10 years ago. We will see how that goes. I am awaiting a micro engraving pen today so as to explore texture and line on the Papier mache objects. We. Shall. See. In the meantime here is a piece from the Abstract Narrative series of Hispanic figures. Los Ninos de las Bandas.



No comments: