Tuesday, November 10, 2020

And so it goes. Tuesday. Again. The days go by in a rush of hope and angst, then hope again. The need to brush up on my french has subsided and now I can relax into my Santa Fe home with the pleasure I’d been anticipating for the past 4 years, although I am plugged into the Jane Birken radio on Pandora. There’s still that desire to live in France before I’ve breathed my last breathe. We shall see. And Winter has arrived along with the revived hope. This morning I awoke to 26ยบ and the trees bare. I love this time of year! 

A new papier-mache landscape is in the works with will include some tiny horses, a lizard, and a prickly pear, along with some dried up old cholla branches found on one of my hikes. It’s coming along and a joy to work on since there are so many stages...creating the forms, applying paper clay, sanding, applying gesso, sanding again, painting, carving with my micro engraver, then finishing the whole thing with a varnish. I’m at the gesso stage today.


Hummingbirds are creeping into my brain again. I have 10 ornaments to paint, and will do some more before the holidays. Plus think I’ll get back to the little paintings. Now that the little fellas have moved south until spring I miss them!

That’s it! Hope all of you are enjoying a lovely autumn week.

Return to website

No comments: