Wednesday, February 03, 2021

OMG! It’s Valentine’s Day in just over a week! How in the world did that happen? Well. If you have NOT yet gotten your Sweetie something, please consider a Hummingbird. And guess what? I have them on my website, or in my Etsy Shop, PicaFlorEtc. Here’s Marisol, with a heart! From the Frida Collection of hummingbird ornaments I started during the holidays. You will also find golden hummingbirds, and rufous and black chin and broad tail varieties, along with two different sets of notecards. Please take a look.

So festive! So perfect for Valentine’s Day!

The Tangle Project is coming along. I now have three completed pieces, and one in the works with a GILA MONSTER! Pretty cool! Here is Tangle with Rattlesnake.



THEN there’s a whole new series of paintings rattling about in my head. Sort of a Milton Avery meets Nicolas de Stael. Here’s one I’ve been playing around with, on paper. Don’t want to waste good surfaces!


The new series is a simplification of shapes and colors involving landscapes of the Southwest. We’ll see. Just having fun for now while I obsess over the Tangles.


So there you have it! My February endeavors. 

Hope you all stay safe and healthy. This scourge does seem to have an end...eventually.

Back to website

No comments: